This is a perfect dish for fall or winter. It makes your house smell amazing and it really warms the soul. I love how easy it is to prepare and cook. This is a true crowd pleaser and easy to customize the level of spice if you have people in your family who like spicier or milder food. This chili really pairs with my cornbread recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (if you want it to be dairy-free leave out this ingredient)
- 15.5 oz northern beans, drained
- 15.5 oz garbanzo beans, drained
- 15.5 oz canelli beans, drained
- 15.5 oz pinto beans, drained
- 4 oz diced green chili (leave out for no spice, add more for a spicier chili)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1.5 cups chicken stock (if you want it to be vegetarian use vegetable stock/broth instead)
- diced green onions for topping
- blue corn tortilla chips for topping
- Measuring Cups & Measuring Spoons
- Electric Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker (My preferred is: Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer OR Hamilton Beach 33861 Programmable Slow Cooker, 6 Quart, Dual Digital Timer, Stainless Steel)
- Can opener
- Freezer bag (if making a freezer meal)
- Pour all the beans, the chopped onion, diced green chili, garlic, salt, cumin, white pepper, and chicken stock into your slow or pressure cooker.
- Cook: Slow cooker: cook on low for 8 hours OR Electric Pressure cooker: cook on Manuel for 10 minutes, natural pressure release
- Add heavy whipping cream, stir to combine.
- Top with desired toppings and serve.
Freezer Meal Instructions
- Pour all the beans, the chopped onion, diced green chili, garlic, salt, cumin, white pepper, and chicken stock into your gallon size Ziploc freezer bag. DO NOT ADD HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM.
- Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to cook follow steps 2-5 above.
Click the images below to add these items to your kitchen!
GoPrep LLC, Prep With Me, & Thrifty Spouse, Happy House are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we make a commission if you use the affiliate links in on our sites by linking to amazon.com.