Frosting is not my favorite thing. I usually avoid eating frosting. I know, I know. You’re probably thinking, “What is wrong with this lady?!!” I just say I’m the perfect person to share a cupcake with because I’m always willing to give up my untouched frosting to the first taker. Well, that was until I met this Nutella Buttercream frosting. It’s so delicious, smooth, incredibly easy to pipe, and the PERFECT frosting to use for cake/cupcake decorating. P.S. It’s also amazing as a filling for macarons.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- KitchenAid Paddle Attachment
- Rubber Spatula
- Piping Bags (optional)
- Cream your butter in your KitchenAid Stand Mixer using the paddle attachment.
- Using your rubber spatula push the creamed butter back down towards the center of the bowl.
- With the mixture on low speed, add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and mix until combined making sure everything is combined.
- Using your rubber spatula push the buttercream back down towards the center of the bowl making sure everything is combined.
- Add Nutella, heavy whipping cream, salt and mix until combined.
- Using your rubber spatula push the frosting back down towards the center of the bowl making sure everything is combined.
Click the images below to add these items to your kitchen!
GoPrep LLC, Prep With Me, & Thrifty Spouse, Happy House are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we make a commission if you use the affiliate links in on our sites by linking to amazon.com.