These Creamy Beef and Shells are a major crowd pleaser. Everyone in my house could not get their hands on this fast enough and everyone may have (and by that I mean definitely) had seconds.
- 1 pound ground beef (LEFTOVER from Day 2)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 2 cups beef stock
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 8 oz pasta shells
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Large saucepan
- Large skillet
- Cutting Board
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta shells according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, for about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat. Set aside.
- Add onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning until fragrant, cook about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, takes about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, beef and heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cheese until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Caesar Salad
- Rainbow Sheet pan Veggies
Click the images below to add these items to your kitchen!
GoPrep LLC, Prep With Me, & Thrifty Spouse, Happy House are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we make a commission if you use the affiliate links in on our sites by linking to amazon.com.